Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi do anybody know about anonymous surfing......
can anybody pls enlighten me???
or anybody knows of any website that can tell me more....
please help...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the replies

can anybody tell me more about the program, annoymizer?
i've got a few queries

How does Anonymizer ensure anonymity?
What are the drawbacks to using Anonymizer for all of your web activities?
What type of monitoring cannot be averted by Anonymizer?

i'm currently using the zonealarm firewall....and its a brilliant program but when i tried the privacy test at annoymizer.com, realize they could still hack(hope i'm using the right word here)
into my system????
or am i worried for nothing??
please advice and thanks

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I think you're worried for nothing.

Usually, there's only about 2 valid reasons for wishing to surf anonymously ...

1) You're at work and want to surf and don't want your sites and habits monitored.

2) You're at home and don't want your significant other seeing where you've been on the web - or you're a kid and don't want parents to see.

Anonymous surfing works by using a proxy server. You connect to the proxy server and it goes out surfing for you and shows you the web pages it goes to. So, if someone monitors you, all they see is you connecting to the Proxy server.

Most half way intelligent work people already know about this and if they are monitoring you, they should be blocking anonymous surfing sites to prevent this activity. I think most significnant others/parents will also figure it out, if they're watching.

Other types of monitoring are keystroke loggers which record everything you type, screen shot programs which make .jpg images out of what you see every few seconds, packet sniffers which can reconstruct your entire session, etc. The level of sophistication varries.

HTH

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anonymizer is cool, but try this company there more secure.

:thmbup: I read some of you guys post on anonymous surfing, hey you guys should get on the net & do a google search & read about why to get peotection on the net because you think you know, but really alot of you don't know. Big Brother for one has installed Black Boxes in all of our ISP's & they are filtering your net access & blocking sorten ports to stop you from seeing surten websites.stopping you from sharing music,reading free thinking knowledge online,usenet sites,some stop Irc chatting, also reading all of your emails & monitoring what sites(Like China does, but more hidden) you visit & I saw that one guy here said a firewall should be enough & I laughed because that is only the beginnings to securing your computer. You & me also need encryption of many files on our harddrives because a firewall is only there to protect you from incoming & outgoing hackers, but there are many ways around & through a firewall, including stealth modes, so that is to me about 20% of protection you need. I was also looking to anonymize my internet connection like many of you & I ran into a site address & here it is http://www.securenntp.com/
They charge between $6.95-$10.00 U.S dollars a month for real security which is SSH Encrypted Tunneling to protect you all the way around,even from sharing music files.internet searches,messaging,chatting,uploads,downloads, everything and what that means is everything you do on your computer is encrypted & totally invisible to others & that's including your ISP(Internet Service Provider). I don't know about you all, but this sounds good to me & do not get me wrong you do not have to be doing anything bad to want to protect yourself from prying eyes because believe me I fix computers everyday & there are alot of relationships alone breaking up because of lack of protection, not to mention all the crooks out there lurking looking for suckers & me for one does not want to be talking about how my Identity got stolen on the news,plus we have the right by law the freedom to see & read anything that we want & since 9/11 we have been censored & monitored more & more everyday ( here is a clue(Duh the Patriot Act) And what does not make since to me is why are we the people of the United States catching the beat down because some nut from another country does something bad, we did not do anything. Oh & not to mention that hackers from other countries are hacking are U.S computers in our homes & making them Zombies to carry out there dirty deeds to are other American citizens & what poeple do not understand is we are not only under physical war in Iraq, but there is an Internet war going on right now as we speak, thats why the goverment just said on the news a little time ago to stop using internet explorer & to find an alternative browser like Mozilla, Firefox etc, because it is vital for our protection here in the USA all the way around to Keep our freedoms here. So if we decide to be invisible (Anonymous)Encrypted in everyway on the net then we will be killing 2 birds with one stone, because they can't monitor,restrict or hack what they cant see because they do not even know your there.So once again check out http://www.securenntp.com/ for SSH Secure Tunneling servers and software give you the ultimate in internet protection, anonymous web surfing and encrypted newsgroup access.
Oh & also check out spyware guard,spyware blaster & Mru blaster at http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/index.html

Also get you a good eraser that really deletes the files your want to delete, that writes ones & zero's all over the space you just erased & you can get that at http://www.heidi.ie/eraser/

& download a program named ( Eraser )It will arase files securely & it even intergrates it self into the wondows explorer shell so all you have to do is right click on a file & just click erase instead on delete or emty recycle bin which is a joke & does not securely erase files, but eraser does.
I know I am telling you alot, but I am just trying to give out some love because someone helped me also & they continue to help me & it is great to be geeks with a purpose sorta, but I am a cool geek though. Also I am going to leave you with one last security have to & that is a secure way to really erase your temporary internet files,cookies,index.dat files & etc, I use a program called ( No Trace ) and you can download it & buy it from this website
http://www.no-trace.org/
I think No Trace only cost $19.99 & believe me it is well worth the cost expecially if you have a noisey girl friend or child internet user, so this computer really gets down to the root & erases your true internet surf paths thats in your browser ,but that is once again only part of it. I do not know about you, but I am getting that SSH encryption for anonymous browsing because you can never be to safe on the net & in life in general.
But anyway I will now shut my can't stop talking mouth up and go, Bye People. Good luck!To you all & me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.