Tech Support banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

So this started yesterday on my PC for some odd reason. Sometimes when I try to left click, my PC wont register it. I thought it was a problem with my mouse but I am starting to think it's really a software problem with Windows 10 or something..

I have tried:
  • uninstalling and updating mouse drivers, did not help
  • plug my mouse into another usb port, did not help
  • plug in another mouse, still the same problem.
I tried demonstrating it on my Digital Audio Workstation in the Piano Roll, where I kept holding my left mouse button but it just registered stuff without me even letting the button go.

·
Registered
40,746 Posts
This usually means that there is a stuck key on the keyboard. Is this a wireless keyboard or cable? Either way, turn it upside down and give it a shake and blow out the keys with a can of compressed air to remove all dust and crumbs.
If you still have problems, try a Clean Boot.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This usually means that there is a stuck key on the keyboard. Is this a wireless keyboard or cable? Either way, turn it upside down and give it a shake and blow out the keys with a can of compressed air to remove all dust and crumbs.
If you still have problems, try a Clean Boot.
I tried your solutions but it did not work. If it is still stuttering in clean boot, does that mean it's a hardware problem? I also did a DISM scan repair.

I also want to add that it is only the frame lagging and not the sound. If I try to click something it will register as double click or no click at all cus of stuttering, but the audio is still normal.

·
Registered
40,746 Posts
Is this a wireless keyboard or cable?
Is the mouse and keyboard Wireless? If so, have you changed the batteries? If Wireless, do you have the USB Controller in the Back USB port or the front? The Back USB Ports are stronger and the front may have diminished power. Have you tried a different mouse and keyboard?
A Clean Boot would eliminate most software problems.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is the mouse and keyboard Wireless? If so, have you changed the batteries? If Wireless, do you have the USB Controller in the Back USB port or the front? The Back USB Ports are stronger and the front may have diminished power. Have you tried a different mouse and keyboard?
A Clean Boot would eliminate most software problems.
It's wired mouse and keyboard. I have tried to plug in another mouse but it's still the same problem. THey have always been plugged into the back, I tried plugging it in to the front too but no success.

I tried a clean boot but there was no success either.. :ermm:

·
Registered
40,746 Posts
OK, Does this only happen in Digital Audio Workstation software or in everything? If just your recording software, that might be the issue.
Press the Windows key+X and choose PowerShell (Admin) or Command Prompt (Admin) here type
net user administrator /active:yes and press Enter this will enable the Hidden Administrator account.
Sign Out as you and Login as the Administrator, leave Password field blank. See if you have the same issues in the Administrator profile.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK, Does this only happen in Digital Audio Workstation software or in everything? If just your recording software, that might be the issue.
Press the Windows key+X and choose PowerShell (Admin) or Command Prompt (Admin) here type
net user administrator /active:yes and press Enter this will enable the Hidden Administrator account.
Sign Out as you and Login as the Administrator, leave Password field blank. See if you have the same issues in the Administrator profile.
The administrator account is already my default account. This problem happens in everything, not just my DAW..

·
Registered
40,746 Posts
You should be logged in as a User with Admin rights, but you should not be logged in as the Hidden Administrator. The point of this is to login as another user, like the Hidden Admin to see if your User Profile has the issue or it happens on all User Profiles.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
You should be logged in as a User with Admin rights, but you should not be logged in as the Hidden Administrator. The point of this is to login as another user, like the Hidden Admin to see if your User Profile has the issue or it happens on all User Profiles.
Sorry for not being active here, haven't been on my PC for some days.

I have not tried your tip yet with the hidden admin, but I tried something else which can help others with the same problem.

I right-clicked on my desktop and clicked on Nvidia control panel, I then clicked on 3D-settings > calibrate frame settings > make your custom preview. Here I put it all the way up to performance level instead of full quality. This seem to have fixed my problem so far.

Now my question is: could it have been my graphics card that was messing around with me? I have Nvidia GTX 970. Considering my sound ran completely fine and there was no problem with the USB-ports or the mouse, maybe the graphics card caused the stuttering when clicking?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Hello,

I am back here again cus my PC sadly started causing mouse stuttering again. I have no clue what the problem is, but I tried to activate the hidden admin account in the cmd prompt (also tried Powershell) and it only said "It couldn't find the username" - net helpmsg 2221... I typed in helpmsg 2221 and it said the user is not found

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I had to replace "administrator" to my system language. I logged in as the hidden admin and the system still registered several clicks from one mouse click. Does anyone have any idea on how to go further with this?

·
Team Manager - Hardware, Acting Manager, Security
14,557 Posts
Am I correct that the problem isn't always there as it seems? That is making me think that a dying hard drive is more likely causing this as it goes in and out of bad sectors.
You haven't told us your hardware and I think it is time. How old is hard drive and what make?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Am I correct that the problem isn't always there as it seems? That is making me think that a dying hard drive is more likely causing this as it goes in and out of bad sectors.
You haven't told us your hardware and I think it is time. How old is hard drive and what make?
Correct. I had issues and then did some tweaks in NVIDIA Control Panel and it was gone for a week or two, but then it came back again.

I have an SSD and an HDD.

SSD: Transcend SSD320 TS256GSSD320 256GB

HDD: WDC WD20EFRX-68EUZN0 2TB

I have Windows installed on my SSD, and keep my games on HDD.

·
14,557 Posts
Well this is getting tougher though the Transcend drives are few left using sf (sand force technology) so are not the most reliable. Can you flip the image file and try another drive?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well this is getting tougher though the Transcend drives are few left using sf (sand force technology) so are not the most reliable. Can you flip the image file and try another drive?
How do you mean flip the image file?

·
14,557 Posts
Clone the drive to another drive with Acronis, or EaseUs Disk Copy etc.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts