Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i wasnt all to sure where to post this but ill say my problem anyway.

When i connect to good old BT Anytime, i start getting pop-ups from
'Messenger Service'
Most of the time these are messages from 'system to user/alert'
sometimes there 'messages' off women, i wont go into detail on what they say or else ill be banned.

These things only have one button aswell, ill take a screenshot of a variety of some and post them here for all too see, my m8 gets them aswell, i no you probs wont be able to make a accurate predict on what these are unless you see some pictures but can anyone guess what they are.

They do not seem to be on some loop thing nor do they seem to have a set order or time. They just come up from the minute i connect till i disconnect.

By the way they only have one button and thats the OK, or the cross but we all no the cross.

Anyhelp is of course as usual accepted with open arms :smile:

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Start, Run, type services.msc. Find the service that says "Messenger", right-click it and press Properties. Change the startup type to Disabled, then click Apply, then OK.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks i done that, if one pops up again and my force of habit dont close it ill screen shot it and post it on here so u can see what im dealing with, ill post back soon and report if its stopped

thanks again

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh u never guess what, very shortly after posting that last response, i had another popup

im attachin a pic to help with the diagnosis

For those hu cant read it, it says

Message from SYSTEM to ALERT on : 0/23/2005 7:07:44 PM

SYSTEM ERROR!

System Error detected in C:\WINDOWS\system32 Windows suggests visiting www.cleanthispc.com to download free repair tool

During the making of this post i recieved it 3 times, and earlier i got 4 in a straight row one after the other

Attachments

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ah, its all peachy and Perky now, i ran multiple scanners, in order

Cleanup!
Ad-awareSE Personal (after updating)
Ewido Security Suite

It seems fine now, thanks for your help aswell, i think ill still use that link u gave me, i should tell my m8 hu gets them aswell, he keeps them at bay usin Zone Alarm Pro, but he still gets them... i think Ewido cleaned it, as my m8 uses Cleanup! and Ad-AwareSE Personal

Thanks again

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.