Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! i hope this is an ok place to post this and that the topic has not been widely discussed before. (im pretty sure this is not an internet problem)
When i first obtained my windowsXp based computer i had this awful issue with saveing images. After a few months the issue was resolved, but i have no idea how! (its like it just started working out of the blue) Well, because of a manufacturers defect on my computer i had to run a distructive system restore and now the problem has returned. >_<x

whew! ok the issue:
when i go to save any type of picture from the internet (i use Aol 8.0) it can only be saved as an *.art file or a *.bmp file even if the picture is a jpg of gif or whatnot. And when i go to open the saved file it is corrupt and unuseable. I have read many help articles saying to clear the 'temporary internet files' folder or to change an AoL setting to 'do not compress graphics' or to go do some weird thing in DOS. (i know that ISNT how it got fixed last time r_r; ) None of these fixes work for me and its driveing me nuts! any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
266 Posts
kotoko,

• Open AOL program, but DO NOT connect to internet
• Go to: Settings > Preferences > Internet Properties (WWW)
• Get to the "Web Graphics" Tab.
• Check the "Never compress graphics" box
• Hit Apply > Hit OK
• Close AOL
• Open AOL
• Connect to the NET
• Go to any page > Right click on a picture > Save Picture As
• The default should be JPG or BMP now.

hope that helps

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Thanks man, you own! it was the DO NOT CONNECT thing that was missing. :sealy:

one more question i may as well use this thread for:

Im haveing a problem where the main window inside an application wont completely maximize. It had done this before i recoverd my PC. And for a few days after i had recovered it everything was fine but now the windows will not maximize in applications again. any one know about this?:confused:

but again, breakerfall, thank you very much!

:japsmile:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.