Tech Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Thanks for taking a look at this. We recently moved into a new house (new to us, not a new build), and signed up for Xfinity with an Arris modem-router combination device. The wifi is working mostly well on my iPhone and mostly well on my Dell work laptop. My wife seems to have very consistent access to Facebook and WhatsApp (same company at the top, I know), but, for example, she can’t get to Pinterest through the wifi, even standing next to the router. She has data through T-Mobile but we have lousy reception in the house for some reason (would be happy to hear any suggestions you have about that too), so it would be nice if the wifi worked consistently for her. Any troubleshooting ideas? Thanks for your help.

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
32,144 Posts
Hate to be a conspiracy theorist, but Google and Pinterest are competitors.

·
Team Manager - Networking , Moderator - Micros
4,459 Posts
Spotty website access isn't an indicator of inconsistent wifi. The easiest way to check your wifi speed is to get in the same room as your router then run a test at a site like speedtest.net. Compare the results to the package you're paying for. If you're having trouble connecting to a few websites, try clearing your web browser cache and storage.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Spotty website access isn't an indicator of inconsistent wifi. The easiest way to check your wifi speed is to get in the same room as your router then run a test at a site like speedtest.net. Compare the results to the package you're paying for. If you're having trouble connecting to a few websites, try clearing your web browser cache and storage.
Thanks, Fred. I'll give it a try.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts