Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am not a computer guru, I just enjoy tinkering and decided to do my own upgrades.

I have just purchased and installed the P4C800 E-Dulux MoBo.

After a couple of problems I got up and running.

I have manually o/c my cpu from 2.53 to 2.90 and now get 4 beeps at post - MoBo timer not operational - I am assming this is caused by the overclocking.
Is this correct?

When enabled in the bios, the LAN is not recognised, also which driver is for the onboard LAN

System spec.

WinXP Pro
P4 2.53 GHz o/c 2.9 Ghz
533 FSB
1024 PC2700
GF4 Ti 4600 Graphics card driver 45.23
Creative sound 1024 latest drivers
Hansool P900 19" Monitor
Dial up Modem
2 x 80 GB SATA MaxtorPlus 9 7200 rpm set up on SATA RAID connectors and using RAID 0

Many thanks for any help.

Mal

·
Registered
376 Posts
My guess is the overclocking as well. See if you get the beeps when you turn off the overclocking.

I'm getting beeps as well - low beep, high beep, high beep, low beep, low beep, low beep. Not sure what the deal is there.

The LAN driver should be on the Asus CD that came with the board, although newer drivers for everything (plus BIOS) are all available here: (bookmark this site to check periodically for updates)
Asus P4C800-E Deluxe Updates
Click on "All" to see everything there.

When I installed these, it wouldn't automatically install, so I manually installed them by browsing to where I had downloaded them. Things worked wonderful with the driver installation.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The 4 beeps are still there when I revert to the default cpu speed.

Got the LAN driver and installed it manually.

All seems to work okay.

Another thought about the beeps. I am using DDR333 ram with a 533 FSB cpu. The ram is reported to be workig at DDR266. My ram will work at DDR333 once I upgrade my CPU to 800 FSB

Just another thought.

Thanks

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Reading another thread, I have found the beeps are something to do with the USB connections.
I removed all USB connections, no beeps
Connected the mouse USB 1 beep
Connected Broadband USB now 2 beeps
Connected USB Hub (3 usb's used) now 4 beeps

I have just fitted a 2.8 GHz 800 FSB cpu.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, that's sorted.
I thought the beeps were part of the AMI BIOS beep codes, page 3-1 of the user guide.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.