Tech Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a Lenovo laptop about 3 years ago (see link for detailed specs):

The spec included a AMD Radeon 530 GPU (which the laptop now recognises as AMD Radeon R7 M440).

I had a lot of BSOD errors so did a fresh install and wiped the laptop and then updated all the various drivers and Microsoft updates.

The AMD Radeon GPU driver will not update and the laptop crashes when I try to update (whether downloading from Lenovo website or AMD website) so I'm presuming it is a hardware component failure rather than software issue.

The laptop is now working and stable but is only using the Intel UHD Graphics 620 GPU and the AMD Radeon GPU is disabled or not working.

A couple of queries I would appreciate assistance with:

1. Can I run the laptop with just the Intel GPU? I don't do any gaming on the laptop anymore - mostly basic tasks or surfing the web or streaming TV series/films.

2. If I do need the replace the AMD Radeon GPU, is it possible (I would take to a repair shop rather than try to do myself) and what kind of rough/ballpark cost? I wouldn't need a new/expensive fancy one, just the basics to do the simple jobs.

Thanks in advance!

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
31,401 Posts
No reason not to just run with built in graphics. Be glad your MOBO has the option as many no longer do.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts