Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
Just a thought, I own a p4 1.7ghz and to be honest, that processor wouldnt be considered as good as my new processor which is in fact an AMD athlon XP 3000+, no I have two machines. But....
They both run 2000 and all of the things such as the memory and motherboard are a lot better than the ones on my p4 1.7ghz machine, yet my p4 1.7ghz boots faster into windows 2000 than my new AMD athlon xp 3000+. This is somewhat wierd i think, it isnt underclocked in any way i dont believe and also, its performance is somewhat sluggish for a supposed 3.0ghz equivilent. I dont know why this is, does 2000 just not like AMD machines or is your hard drive sizes have a lot to do with boot time cos i only have a 60 gig on my xp3000+ and a 40gig on my p4 so there isnt that much difference there.

Basically what im saying is that my p4 1.7ghz is more of a pleasure than my AMD athlon 3000+ and this is not the way it should be!!!!

Please help me,
Regards, Tom

·
Citizen of the world
51,041 Posts
Could be a lot of things, many factors go into making a "responsive" system. I have a P4-2.4-533 and an AMD 2400+ based system, they have identical video boards, and they seem very similar in performance. Memory bandwidth, hard disk speed, etc. all go into determining how "fast" a system is.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.