Tech Support banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used CCleaner before to clean temp files, cache, etc except for the registry. I uninstalled it after learning it is now owned by Avast.

I tried using BleachBit but it does not seem to clean anything at all.

Can I get a recommendation on which cleaner to use please?

·
Windows Tech Team
1,012 Posts
System Ninja is a good product, and very thorough. I use it (and BleachBit) myself.

But if BleachBit is not finding anything to clean then someone's tweaked the settings in a very odd way.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you, @Deejay100six. I'll look into that. Although I stopped using CCleaner for a different reason:

System Ninja is a good product, and very thorough. I use it (and BleachBit) myself.

But if BleachBit is not finding anything to clean then someone's tweaked the settings in a very odd way.
BleachBit showed a bunch of files to be cleaned (temp files and all) but after it cleans and I run it again, the files are still there. Ran it both as an admin and a local user, same results.

·
283 Posts
I use System Ninja as well it replaced CCleaner a while back for me. We really need to get a TSF recommended software/app list that is updated and ongoing.

·
TSF Moderator , Hardware Team
2,463 Posts
How does system ninja compare to Ccleaner as far as a one click and done system clean? I've tried bleachbit and tbh.....that one is a bit intimidating as you have to know exactly what you're doing when setting that one up. I think most users will find it to be to complicated and just not use it. For us advanced users it won't be a problem.

Personally, I still use Ccleaner and it works just fine for me.Other than the added bloatware it's still the same program. You just have to make sure to use the customize install path as with any software. So you know what being installed and uncheck the boxes for the stuff you don't want.

I'll give that System Ninja a fair shot.

·
Super Moderator, Editor, Articles Team
12,034 Posts
How does system ninja compare to Ccleaner as far as a one click and done system clean?
Simple enough, settings for which locations to search on the right hand side then, two buttons, 'Scan for Junk' and for when its finished, 'Delete Files'. Theres more to it but for a basic operation, thats it.

·
Windows Tech Team
1,012 Posts

·
Team Manager - Hardware, Acting Manager, Security
14,554 Posts
Not to pile on but System Ninja rocks, does not clean the registry and never crashed a system. I can not say the same for CCleaner.

Reactions: Deejay100six
1 - 11 of 11 Posts