Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes when we startup we get a disk boot failure on drive c
I ran DR Watson, which said; multimedia backround task support module has altered windows system files.
Module name: mmtask.tsk
Can you help?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I did run a scandisk, defrag, and a virus scan two days ago but I just did the Dr Watson thing today. I'm new to computers
I've only had one a couple of months and not real sure of myself yet.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No it did not, but here is another thing! when I started up this morning I was promted to start in safe mode, I didn't know what to do after I was in safe mode so I restarted from the start menu and everything seems to have started up ok. I'm getting real confused.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
The starting in safe mode generally indicates that Windows "didn't shut down properly" whenever you last used it. If you used the power button rather than choosing shutdown, or however it happened... it is fairly common, and generally nothing to seriously worry about. However, the disk boot failure doesn't sound good. unfortunately, I don't have any advice other than what Danrak has already suggested. Ummmmm......... :( Hmmmm..... If you are sure you ran a thorough Scan disk there isn't much free software out there that I know of. If you have "extra cash" Norton System Works isn't a bad investment at all for a newer user. It has excellent documentation, and since it's so mainstream if you have a problem that isn't covered in the included help files you can probably find it online without much difficulty. I'll do a little searching tonight, and if I find anything of use, I'll post again. I hope this was of some help :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.