Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I ran some advanced pc optimiser thing that someone suggested and it changed the look of my sys files in the defrag to what it looks like now. Where the cursor is on screenshot is to which I refer here. Even though my free space is still 30% (ish) when I try a defrag, it says got less than 10% free??

After a lot of leg work I managed to track down from Control Panel > System > Advanced (tab) > Performance > Performance Options that the paging file size had been changed from 480mb to 1728mb!!! I changed it back and whilst I got my free space back, the bloated reading of sys files in the defrag analysis remains.

Also, the current Registry memory usage is 30mb and is set to max of 74, is this OK?

Also + 1! when opening the Performance Options in the Application Response I notice the Background Services has the exact same settings as the Applcications, is this OK?

I would probably never have noticed this had it not been for the defrag display.

Any ideas?

Keith.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I changed the link to my screenshot but couldn't edit the previous post, anyway, this is what I mean.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.