Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello Everyone,

My Alienware 17 R4 I7-7700HQ has no sound from the internal speakers but the Jack is working just fine, I've been searching a lot for this issue and apparently they end up with changing the motherboard, and actually I can't afford that now.

I checked the motherboard for any damaged parts but everything seems Fine.
But I noticed a weird thing.

My Audio codec on the motherboard is ALC3266 (Which is my internal speakers connected to), and ALC1309 (For the Subwoofer).

Now I ran HWiNFO and It shows that I have ALC298 named "Intel Skylake PCH-H - High Definition Audio Controller" Which is supposed Kabylake instead of Skylake!

This problem happened suddenly, there was no windows update or BIOS update etc.

Any Ideas why is That ? Can it be solved? What is the reason for that?

·
Moderator TSF, Hardware Team Moderator
5,583 Posts
Let's see what your Speccy snapshot says. Download, install and run Speccy. Click File > Publish Snapshot > Yes > Copy to Clipboard and then paste in the URL you just copied into a Reply to this thread.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hello,
Thanks for replying,
Here's it.
And this with a Clean Windows Installation.
http://speccy.piriform.com/results/67RIWeCAZiseq6WkHTR28eP

And for the record, I'm Using Clover bootloader (Dual boot Win10/ MacOS High Sierra).

That problem appeared after 6 month of this setup, No config changed nothing new.

Tried Literally every thing, Drivers (Old/New/Dell Drivers).

Tried Ubuntu 18.04, Win 8.1, Win 10 (Many builds). and NOTHING!

Tried another Speakers, and actually tried my speakers them self and they are working perfectly ( on another device has the same connector)

Thanks for helping me and if you need any further information Please tell me.

I really with I could find a solution or even know why that happened in the first place.

·
Moderator TSF, Hardware Team Moderator
5,583 Posts
I'm afraid we can't help you while you're running pirated software (Windows 10 Enterprise, macOS and possibly others). Forum rules forbid it. See Community Rules

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.