Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
K-BYTE 256MB SDRAM PC133 not recognized

I bought the above memory for the HP computer which holds up to 512MB of ram or 256MB of ram per slot. I've tried this new stick in each slot, with and without the other stick of memory (256MB also). I tried the K-BYTE in another older computer and it worked. I'm going to have to return and try another stick unless someone can come up with why this don't work. Any ideas? The other stick that does work in this computer is 256MB at 133 MHZ also just like the one I bought.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It shows in the BIOS that nothing is installed in the slot I installed the new K-BYTE memory. Does that mean it is just not connecting properly, because I'm putting the ram in as secure as possible. If it is BAD ram or incompatable RAM, would it say "not installed" anyways? This should've been easy. I just love computers. :confused:
I also found on the HP web site that my computer HP pavilion 7845 takes only unbufferd ram whatever that is. It also says that my computer takes up to 256MB per slot or 512MB total.

·
Registered
6 Posts
You may have ECC(error correction code) DRAM. This is a type of RAM which detects problems within itself and usually can fix them on the "Sly". I believe this type of RAM is also known as "unbuffered".
It's usually found in Higher end systems and to use it you motherboard will have to be able to support it. You said you HP pavilion 7845 only takes unbuffered.

This could your problem. You may have purchased ECC DRAM which your motherboard doesn't support.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.