Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

With the realese of Day of Defeat Source recently, I decided to upgrade my Video Card for a better gaming experience. My previous card was an all in wonder Radeon 8500DV 64mb. I work with video a lot, so the AIW is my favorite family. So i bought a AIW Radeon 9600XT AGP because I had read that it was good for running HL2 and CSS and others of the newest games and because It was at a great price. I've installed it in my system and have all of the catalyst drivers working, the media center working with all the bells and whistles. However, when I play DoDS or HL2, the graphics don't render any better. In High or low quality. I only get from 25-5 FPS when I play in a normal server. It especially slows when there are a lot of people in servers (20+) and when in a large area. This is what the old card did, and thats why I suspected to upgrade my Video Card. My current system:
Intel Celeron 4a 2.5 Ghz on ECS L4VXa2 Mobo
1 GB DDR SDRAM
80 GB Primary HDD/ 300GB Secondary HDD

I'm not sure if the issue is in the software configuration or the Hardware config. Is there some other optimizing I need to do between the games and the card? Or is it Hardware. The only other things I am thinking it could be is Heat or Power. Would either of those limit the rendering power of a video card? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
462 Posts
umm not much i can really say on this one apart from your celeron, doesnt the source engine use your CPU alot?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.