Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey anyone got any advice or solution to this, I tried calling ATI and using their online support, wasn't much help at all. I have an ATI All-in-Wonder 9600 xt. i've hooked my xbox up through the composite inputs, but there's like a half second lag between when i press a button on the xbox and when it occurs on screen. It's a big annoyance while trying to play halo 2. Over the phone they said it had something to do w/ the capture drivers. Anyone know a way around this? Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm having the same problem. Using the same graphics card; at first, about one year ago, connecting my xbox via the composite imputs actually worked. However, some time later (not sure when), I also started to recieve a half second lag while playing on my xbox. I haven't figured out how to fix it yet but if anyone does please let us know.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey man, I'm glad someone finally replied lol; yeah mine worked originally too. I kindoff fixed the problem though, at the expense of not having the most up to date drivers. I think mine (and possibly yours) originated when I was updating windows. One of the non priority updates was new drivers from ATI. I installed them and had all sorts of problems. What I did find out through ATI's website was they recommend wiping out all previous ATI installed software before updating. I did that, put the new update on, everything worked fine, except for that 1/2 sec lag. It's killer when you're tryin' to BR in Halo 2. Anyways. I followed through the steps again for deleting all the installed components and just installed the original cd over again, then updated like studio 8 for ATI, and nothing else. Now everything works just fine again. I guess I just don't have any updates for the card, but it seems to be just fine w/o them.

So long story short, perhaps wipe all ATI components off, and do a fresh install with the catalyst cd that came w/ your card. The directions for finding all the software you need to remove can be found here:

support.ati.com

then click on advanced search in the top left.

then click the button "by ID: 737 - "

and type in "20905"

then just click go.

that'll lead you to the information to uninstalling everything.
Goodluck. let me know if you hear how to update the drivers and
not have any lag time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.