Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'ello everyone :smile:
i just bought airport tycoon 3- but after installing when i click the exe the screen goes black and monitor's "on" LED keeps blinking.after a minute i can hear the theme music but the screen remains blank.tried reinstalling,reinstalling video driver etc but no go :cry: my puter is a win xp, p4-2.4GHz,256mb memory,64 mb agp card,onboard audio,direct x 9.can anyone suggest anything?.the game's requirement list says it needs 98/2000/xp- but i have tried it in xp and compatibility mode for both 98 and 2000 but that dun help any.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
err umm, i took the game back to the store and they installed it on a p3 machine (with onboard video i think) and it ran fine.so it must be something to do with my puter right? :4-dontkno

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
railroad tycoon demo too

well i just installed railroad tycoon 3 demo- it used to work fine on win 98 but on this here xp machine,i only get the beginning video and then the screen goes blank with LED flickering as it the monitor was off.but railroad tycoon has a safe mode and if i run it in safe mode it runs fine.anyone have any idea what my problem is?someone haaaaalp :cry:

·
Registered
462 Posts
if safe mode works then it must be your gfx card not having a certain feature that is required for the rr/ap tycoon games (e.g. pixel shader 2.0) so try runnin ap tycoon in safe mode it should have one since even older games usually have safe mode. hope this helps, by the way what exactly is your 64mb AGP card in terms of GPU?

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
umm GPU?duh whats that :4-dontkno the card is GeForce MX 4000.i took my cpu to shop and ran the games on another monitor and it works fine!so it ,must be my monitor that's the weak link i guess?dont have a clue why it only plays up with some games tho.now a new problem has cropped up-after working for a while, my mouse pointer disappears-the mouse is still recognized coz if i right click it shows the menu and if i drag select,it does show a selection box but the pointer itself does not appear.any ideas?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.