Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am using AIM 5.2 with DeadAIM 4.0. First off I sign on and off so much. I am on a T3 on a college campus, and I know the connection here is weird cause they throttle a lot of bandwith but I am not sure on that. I believe mine is the only one that signs on and off like it does. None of my friends even sign off randomly.

Also sometimes AIM messes up and I can't send messages or view buddy infos. If I am trying to send a message it leaves it like i just typed it and never sends it. and eventually says Error Code 3 when i sign off. Any ideas would be highly appreciative.

·
Registered
1 Posts
AIM error code 3

I'm having a similar problem, but only with a particular chat friend. It only happens when we are connected with our main screen names. If we use alternate names, there's no problem. Not only does he get an error code 3 message, we have a 30 second or more delay in receiving messages. It happens whether I use AIM or AOL. He only uses AIM.

Any ideas? Is someone keylogging us?

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
?? Not Sure

I am not really sure. I have two screen names on AIM and it happens when I am on either and happens to whoever I talk to. It works fine forabout 10 minutes or unless I start being real active on AIM, like talk a lot or check lots of buddy's info. I have no clue about the error code but i am continuing to look into it

·
Registered
1 Posts
On my AOL Instant Messenger I get the error message "Error Code 3 Received From Server." And most of the time I cannot directly connect with other users to send and receive files. I get automatically signed on and off all the time and cannot IM people. PLEASE HELP, this is highly annoying. I scanned for viruses and none were found.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.