Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read the thread below how this program will diagnose your harddrive.

I went to SMART, but it was blacked out....same with the option above it! WHY?!?!?!?!? Everything else is ok!

·
Citizen of the world
51,041 Posts
That happens to me if I have a SMART utility already running on the machine. You must have something that is already doing the SMART diagnostic scan.

·
TSF Team Emeritus
5,580 Posts
hmm

smart is on my laptop, and i dont know why i would want it on there. is there a safe way to remove the peice of junk?

~BoB~

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is nothing running doing this scan. :( I have never even thought about doing a test for this stuff.... :( Does it mean that something COULD be wrong with this harddrive and/or just not making a connection?

·
TSF Team Emeritus
5,580 Posts
well

i think he meant it is running in resident memory, and that stuff doesnt always show up. i know that the smart program is on my laptop, and it stays running all the time. but it isnt in the close programs dialogue box. check to see if your autoexec.bat or config.sys or system.ini or win.ini or anyfile that configures the starting of the machne, and see if the line telling smart to start is in there.

on second thought, i havent a clue... my smart is always running, but i havent ever tried to find out what starts it. and i havent ever had a conflict , but i havent tried to scan my drive ever either.

~BoB~

·
Citizen of the world
51,041 Posts
carrie640 said:
There is nothing running doing this scan. :( I have never even thought about doing a test for this stuff.... :( Does it mean that something COULD be wrong with this harddrive and/or just not making a connection?
The fact that you never thought of doing a SMART diagnostic doesn't mean that some piece of software isn't tying up the SMART interface. :) I don't really know, not having any data on what is configured on your machine, but that's the only time I see both the EIDE and SMART panels blank in AIDA32.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've installed AIDA32! It's a very good program, but doesn't seem to tell me how much wattage my whole system is using. (could be wrong)
Under the 'Sensor' submenu, there is a list called 'Voltage Values'.
Could someone with experience of the program tell me what these values mean?

Thanks in advance,
Jason.

·
Citizen of the world
51,041 Posts
There are no sensors that tell the software what power the system is using, that's why the information doesn't appear in AIDA32.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.