Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just upgraded to a new motherboard with onboard graphics. I want to plug in my agp card but the system will not recognize it. How do I disable the onboard PCI video? I've already told the bios not to use PCI video as the main graphics. Please help.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
your going in the right direction....reseat the card...usally after disableing the onboard in the bios it should default to the AGP card...what do you get with the agp in...just the basic video(you have to see the bios right)...if you can try a PCI card...or the agp card in a diffrent system...is it a driver issue???

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AGP

I get the standard super ugly bottom of the line video. I have reseated that card and tried a different agp card and neither one will work. When i try to load the software for either card the system says the drivers are loaded but nothing shows under display drivers. I am always able to reload the ondboard agp with no problem. In case you need to know it's Amibios on a Matsonic motherboard.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
AGP

As far as I can figure you don't really "disable" it. You can choose to use the PCI port or the on board AGP video. I assumed that telling it to use the PCI would disable the onboard video. I get the same results no matter which way I set the bios.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.