Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been having problems with my video cards. I have a Radeon All in Wonder (7200?), it's pretty old, and it stopped working properly. It crashes when I play video files or games. I purchased a Geforce 6200 as a replacement and when I run it the drivers stop windows xp from booting. It will only work in VGA mode. I tested the card on my brother's system, same mobo, and it works fine there. I have had the the most current bios, but I decided to try to reflash my bios and load the defaults, it gave me an error. AWDflash told me that this bios file was only for the nforce chipset, which is what I have. I have also tested the cards under an fresh windows install and no differnce. I have a few more things I can try, but I am very confused by this issue. My system runs perfectly stable other then this video problem.

My system:
A7N8X-E (Deluxe) bios 1013
AMD Semperon 3200 400 cpu
Corsair 512mb x2 Value ram
Thermaltake 480 watt silent pure power psu
Promise ultra66 ide controller
Adaptec SCSI card
2 maxtor sata hdd
2 maxtor ide hdd
2 lite-on ide burners

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had to remove the ati to put the 6200 in, I only have 1 agp slot.

But I figured out the problems anyways, or at least how to fix it. The scsi devices had somehow corrupted my bios. Once I removed them I was able to easily reflash the bios which actually made it so both the 6200 and the ati worked properly in my system.

Anybody have any idea how that problem developed?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.