Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have HP Mini 2140 with resolution 1024x576 and i installed Age Of Empires 2. But when i start the game it type: Could not initialize graphics system. Make sure that your video card and driver are compatible with DirectDraw. Is it problem with my resolution or is it anything else? Thx

·
Registered
2,158 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i downloaded latest DirectX and drivers, but its still writing Could not initialize graphics system. Make sure that your video card and driver are compatible with DirectDraw. I dont know why i cant play AOE II. I can play Cossacks, CS 1.6, Red Alert 2, Warcraft III, Max Payne 2, Vietcong, Flatout etc. I cant play one more game, Command and Conquer Generals, there tis writing: "Please make sure you have Directx 8.1 or higher installed. Also verify that your video card meets the minimum requirements."
How i said i have latest DirectX.

·
TSF Team Emeritus
3,450 Posts
It's likely a compatibility problem with the Intel GMA 950.
The integrated Intel chipsets have problems running a lot of games due to the way it emulates features that dedicated GPU's have.

Like 5NIPER_WOLF said, best you could do is try updating the GPU drivers by going here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.