Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(IBM thinkpad T61- Windows XP; purchased Sept07).

Have NTLDR is compressed error on startup..
no boot, just over and over to CTRL+ALT+DELETE to receive the msg again.

Ran IBM Thinkvantage rescue and recovery. Know I have to enter the uncompress attribute command....however,,when I do CD Boot with ultimate boot cd boot for windows, or even the XP install CD to the Recovery option (R), both reply they can not find Drive C.

Ran Rescue/Recovery hardware diagnostics (which calls PC Doctor); all tests ran just fine, thanks.

I know drive C is out there as the Rescue/Recovery can recover into it.

So I can get into Rescue and Recovery til the cows come home, but still can't get boot the pc past the NTLDR is Compressed message.

I'm not tech saavy, but my friends are, hence I post for your help in where they can help me.

Blonde is NOT fun on computers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
contacted IBM Lenovo support;. Via the BIOS Config, had me change Serial ATA to Compatability mode..voila! Now the Ultimate Boot CD and XP Install cd (Recovery option) finally see the C drive.
At this point, I need to use the XP Install CD Recovery option to enter the attrib -c command on my NTLDR.
I will then change the Bios back to AHCI.

I'm posting this answer as I only found one hit on the problem and no solution. So heres one.

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
Thank you for being so good to share this and we all hope here that you will return to the TSF forum again.

Cheers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.