An Old Woman In Comfortable Shoes
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
What reviews? I didn't see any.

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
31,873 Posts
From Ecommmerce Platforms:

Take a quick look around the web and you’ll notice that AliExpress doesn’t have the best reviews. A lack of customer support, and issues with Aliexpress products being sub-par in quality are two very common complaints. Product reviews often say that they feel the items are a ripoff, or that they think they got scammed because a product never arrived.

The Better Business Bureau revoked the AliExpress license because of how poor the customer reviews actually were. Consumer concerns often included things like the receipt of damaged products, or the wrong product. Another common issue was difficult receiving refunds. When AliExpress received a rating of “F” on the BBB, their accreditation was removed.

The most common issues that we see in a large number of reviews include:

• Problems with shipping: Because you’re purchasing items from overseas, there’s no guarantee that the shipping time is going to be great. Often, receiving your online shopping can take months, rather than just days or weeks.
  • Issues with the product quality: Although AliExpress products often come with low prices, they can suffer from quality issues too. Many people complain that their items were either broken, or just badly made, leading to low star ratings.
  • Incorrect products: There doesn’t seem to be a lot of effort from the AliExpress sellers to ensure that the right product gets to the right customer. Countless reviews talk about receiving the wrong item. Many products are completely different to what the customer ordered.
  • Refunds: If you do complete an order with AliExpress and have a problem with it, getting a refund can be very difficult. This makes it harder for business owners to give their customers a good level of support. A lot of consumers end up feeling scammed.
  • Missing items: Sometimes, buyers complain that they never receive their items at all. When this happens, it can be difficult to receive a full refund. This means you’re left feeling as though you paid for nothing.
Now go to Aliexpress Reviews and Complaints | aliexpress.com @ Pissed Consumer for more bad news.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Wellsir ... I see your point, but since I have done business with AliExpress in the past with no problems and I did use paypal to buy the board, so it won't be hard to get a refund. I figure it worth a chance. The seller claims free return for any reason. I took a screen shot of it just in case.

Thanks for the links.

·
Global Moderator
Electronic Design
52,195 Posts
I have literally done hundreds of orders with AliExpress, mostly for components, and small circuit board modules, but occasionally for larger stuff. I've had a few issues with transactions, something that I tend to expect, but no more than many eBay transactions. Unless you're going to buy through mainstream places like Digikey or Mouser, the process may not be quite as smooth, that is a fact. In only a handful of cases have I had to "go to the mat" on a transaction to get satisfaction. Frequently, if you have an issue with an order, they will simply refund the money. Shipping stuff back is price prohibitive as a rule, so any deal where you have to return an item without paid return shipping is bound to be a loser.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Wellsir ... the replacement board finally arrived today. When I get a chance to install it I will let you know how it turned out. :geek:

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Wellsir ... I did it!!! I finally got it going!! This mobo is working perfectly. It was pretty much plug and play. I didn't have to redo the OS. :D

It runs like it was never down.;)

Thanks to all those that posted ... I appreciate all the help I was given.(y)

Reactions: SpywareDr

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
Most definitely ... I learned quite a bit and now I will use this laptop by connected it to my big screen tv to watch videos and surf the net. :geek:

61 - 69 of 69 Posts