Tech Support Forum banner
41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
31,870 Posts
Live & Learn. Even when using Amazon, you have to be careful with 3rd party sellers.

·
Registered
An Old Woman In Comfortable Shoes
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
I didn't buy it from Amazon ... I went directly to the seller, but fortunately I paid with pay pal and I can get my money back.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Wellsir ... it looks like I have to contact paypal and see if they will refund my money. It looks like I am not going to get this laptop running again until I can find a working motherboard.

Any ideas? :unsure:

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Why? To see if I can get it working again. I don't need the laptop ... however I do like it, I never worked on one before, and I just want the learning experience. Those youtube videos where they restore and fix stuff inspires me :geek:

So does anyone know where I can get a 0YWY70 YWY70 motherboard for Dell Inspiron 1764 DAUM3BMB6E0 31UM5MB0020:unsure:

·
31,870 Posts
Since it's a hobby rather than a necessity, why not wait till Amazon restocks them?

·
Global Moderator
Using Google to solve problems
43,464 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Nothing on ebay, but aliexpress looks like they have one. Thanks Doc.

Wellsir ... I think I will go with this one ...

·
Global Moderator
Electronic Design
52,187 Posts
I'm at a loss as to all the effort in getting this ancient laptop to run again. I've canned newer and more capable laptops when they've crapped out, it's just not worth the effort. I guess I'd rather learn working on something productive, makes more sense that I end up with something I can use when the "learning" is done. :D

·
TSF Moderator , Hardware Team , Networking Team
10,936 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
I didn't find anything per say doing a search, the only thing I found was the feedback the seller has on aliexpress. They had 13 negative feedback for the past month compare to 268 positives.

Shoot doc ... I've been waiting for a ukulele I bought back in April of last year ... still haven't got it because it is stuck on the port in LA.

I guess it would be another gamble. I could wait and see how things turn out with the paypal dispute I filed, but I don't see how I can trust the seller to do the right thing considering he would not answer my emails. :cautious:

·
31,870 Posts
I found a ton of stuff when I ask the right question. You really have to learn to protect yourself. Anyway, they're non-accredited by BBB .

·
TSF Moderator , Hardware Team , Networking Team
10,936 Posts

·
Global Moderator
Electronic Design
52,187 Posts
FWIW, I've bought a ton of stuff from AliExpress, most all of the transactions go well. Although I've had a couple go south, I've been persistent and not gotten burned on any transaction. I had to fight pretty hard for one where they send me 50 of the wrong thing! They wanted me to ship them back at my expense, forget about that! I finally did get it resolved.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Wellsir ... paypal contacted the seller, but they never replied so I was given a refund. I've bought lots of helicopters and accessories from AliExpress so I am going to take a chance and order a board from them. It will take a while to get here though, but I'm sure I won't have to wait as long as I have been waiting for my ukulele since April and still haven't got it!

·
31,870 Posts
I tried to hint in an earlier post, but now I'll be more blunt. Read the reviews thoroughly and if you still wan to use that vendor, well good luck.

41 - 60 of 69 Posts