Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after I power down and shut off my system, my computer sometimes doesn't recognize my 40 gig hdd. That didn't bother me that much since all I had to do was unplug it from the power supply for a few hours and then plug it back in after shutting down once again. It was irritating but not that much trouble. Today however , when the power went out for a few brief seconds my BIOS doesn't recognize either of my hdds. IT only sees the cd-rom and that's all. I've disconneted and reconnected the ide cabes and the power cables multiple times, and really didn't want to have to wait until tommorrow to try them again, but it seems that what I'm going to have to do. Does anyone have any idea as to why this might be happening and how I might be able to fix the problem?

·
Registered
43 Posts
not sure if this will help, but it's inexpensive, try replacing the cmos battery. Are you having any problems with the clock on your machine running slower? This is usually due to the battery.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The battery is fine, there is nothing wrong with it. My 40 gig simply won't recognize, it's beenlike 2 days and normally it would've been recognized by now. I've left it unplugged since the power went out and tried it every few hours and still hasn't been recognized. When I doplug it in and try it, neither of my hdd's are recognized, but when I just unplug that one drive it reads the 15 fine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It more than likely isn't dead, but I don't have another new enough comp to check it on at the moment.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.