Need advise and help.

My computer is this
Asus p5q mobo
Q9300
Msi 5770
Benq 2400w monitor

I connect via hdmi my vid card to my
Panasonic TH-P50S10A plasma.
AS i like to watch movies and listen to music from my HDD to plasma and pioneer 5.1 system.

Seeing my monitor is 16.10 and resi is set @ 1920x1200 in order to watch movies/Listen to music i have to change by right clicking on desktop and selecting duplicate display and it then automatically changes resi to 1920x1080 and i then loose top and bottom viewing area but at least i can listen to my music.
Is there any way i can operate with my normal resi @ 1920x1200 or do i need to purchase a replacement 24 inch monitor but @ 16.9 native resi would be 1920X1080
and then wouldn't have to duplicate displays.

Many Thanks for your time

·
Moderator; Hardware
19,889 Posts
TV's will all be 1920x1080. If you want to run different resolutions on the PC and TV, you will need to setup the TV as a "secondary" screen to extend the desktop. If you clone the desktop (as you are doing now), they are both required to be the same resolution and the smallest resolution is used.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TV's will all be 1920x1080. If you want to run different resolutions on the PC and TV, you will need to setup the TV as a "secondary" screen to extend the desktop. If you clone the desktop (as you are doing now), they are both required to be the same resolution and the smallest resolution is used.
Many Thanks :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.