Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My burner is working properly now thanks to CCT,and it's the first one I've ever owned.
I tried using Free Easy Cd Dvd burner software but it wouldn't let me eject when finished.
I was told Sonic is a good free program,by an intermediate computer friend.
But at first,when I couldn't figure out what was wrong,I removed the program.
I am going to try Sonic tonight.
I may be able to afford a program if it only costed fifteen to twenty dollars.
My question is,did I have to have software to decrypt the music,or shrink it,or reformat it...because I checked the properties,and the smallest size is chosen in that respect.
Most devices that play music have an option to buy the one that plays the mp3's too.
Can mp3's and wma's be burnt on the same disk for these devices to read,or will any of them read wma's?
How do I convert a wma format to mp3.Any advice is appreciated..

·
Moderator; Hardware
19,884 Posts
For data burning, use IMGBurn. It's one of the best and it's free.
For music CD's, use Burrrn. Also free.

For music, you basically have two options. Burn the mp3/wma files directly to CD/DVD as data (using IMGBurn) or burn them in the audio format for use in all players (using Burrrn).

Support for mp3/wma files varies from player to player. So you need to know what your player supports to decide what type of disc to burn.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay,that is really good.I have somewhere to start.Thank you both so much!
The laser that plays the music inside the burner is also the laser that plays the DVD's inside it ,correct?
I cannot get it to play movies,but I also think that the reason for that is that I don't have any programs like winrar.Am I right?
I am so green at this.
Maven13

·
Registered
53 Posts
Okay,that is really good.I have somewhere to start.Thank you both so much!
The laser that plays the music inside the burner is also the laser that plays the DVD's inside it ,correct?
I cannot get it to play movies,but I also think that the reason for that is that I don't have any programs like winrar.Am I right?
I am so green at this.
Maven13
Just asking, when you said that you can't play movies, you meant can't play movies on your dvd burner? If that is the case, you just need codecs not winrar unless they are archived.

www.rarlab.com
http://www.cccp-project.net/

Install winrar anyway no harm done.
The second link is a bloat free codec pack.

After installing that codec, You can now play movies with WMP, MPC, Zoomplayer or any compatible media player.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.