Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a bunch of music files on my laptop and I am not sure what is the best way to back them up. I thought a zip disc could work, but my laptop does not accept zip discs. Can you recommend the best way to back these files up, in the tragic case that my laptop dies on me?

PS: There is an opening on the side of my laptop, but I dont know what goes in there, maybe a sandisk media storage thing...HELP.

·
TSF Enthusiast
6,298 Posts
That slot is probably for PCMCIA cards- wireless cards, memory card readers, etc.

Probably the best way to back them up is to share the folder the music is in over a network, and copy them to a desktop PC.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
USB Zip drive or if you have a CDRW, burn them to disc.

USB flash drive and move them to a desktop PC with drive space, sometimes it may be slow if you have more data than the flash drive can hold, but it works.

JamesO

P

·
0 Posts
How big is your archive ? you can burn them on cd's if it is not much. If you have too much I would say your best bet is to transfer them to an external HD or another computers HD.

·
Registered
55 Posts
For large amounts of storage, nothing beats an external hdd.
If you're only talking about maybe 100 songs, you could easily fit that on a usb drive. usb drives provide other functions and make it easier to transport documents as well as other files.
Otherwise, cd-rws make excellent backups if you're frequenting adding onto your collection and are looking for the cheapest approach.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.