Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I don't sell anything on my site, but I'd like to do two things.
1) Get local people to visit the site and participate in it
2) Get local businesses to advertise on it.

Anyone know how to accomplish this?

p.s. Small town pop. approx. 80,000

edit: Removed the link

·
Registered
252 Posts
well, one should come with the other,
i suggest if you are confident, that you add your own banner to you website saying, get your businesses advertisment here or similar,
secondly, register your site to search engines (look through this section on about the web and you should be able to find a link to somewhere that does that, sorry i dont have one handy)

depending if you have a budget, or the limit of your budget, marketing strategies differ,

thirdly, generally if you put it accross in a nice way and/or display it properly and easily, people will participate in your web site,
again, depending on how you want them to participate (e.g. a forum),
prehaps add some interactivity to your website (if you have what is required) to guide the viewers to it,

however only a small percentage of people who go to your site are likely to participate, therefore try marketing more (this willl of course also help towards getting money from your website)

another option for getting businesses to advertise is that use pay per click adverts to appear on your website, the income is fairly low but is great for low-key websites especially if you are only supply a very low budget/aren't supplying any budget towards it

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

I'm also going to contact the chamber of commerce and see if they can help me.

I think one problem I have is lack of a theme. Once a incorporate a strong theme it will be easier to market. Now....coming up with the theme...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.