Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
TSF Team Emeritus
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I'll Admit IT, I Have A Copy Of Illegal Windows, But now i have enough to buy legal windows, is there a way to have the legal windows put on the harddrive with out having to lost all my data? i mean without having to reinstall windows...

·
Registered
107 Posts
LoneWolf071 said:
Ok, I'll Admit IT, I Have A Copy Of Illegal Windows, But now i have enough to buy legal windows, is there a way to have the legal windows put on the harddrive with out having to lost all my data? i mean without having to reinstall windows...
This is the FBI, you are under arrest for running hax0red Window$.

Just kidding.

I'm pretty sure there is a way to reset the security on XP (without having to reinstall). This gives you the opportunity to enter your new 'valid' serial code. I can't remember offhand what to do. A Google should find the info you want.

·
Superhuman Computer
1,632 Posts
If you're just talking about changing the serial code over to the legal one, you could also try this:

Download the Magical Jelly Bean Keyfinder and run it. Click on Options -> Change Windows Key and type in the new (legal) CD Key.

If you've byte patched the WPA file, you'll probably need to slap in the XP disk you now have and give your system a SFC check - you may even need to restore the WPA file from the backup which (I hope) you made when originally cracking it. You'll also probably need to actually activate it over the net.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.