Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys!!

I have a new P4 computer.I am using winxp,It's been fast and working perfectly.I setup Administrator password 1month before because every one open my system.But now i want to remove this password Any one please help me how to remove this Administrator password.

anyone have any ideas?

thank you.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks

Thank you very much dai.

One more question came in my mind pls help me.2 months before in my friend's system forgot his Adminstrator password.Just i formated C Drive.Without formating how to rectified that adminstrator password and how to remove that password.

anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
dai said:
cannot post the answer to this it breaches the forum policy
I can understand your reasoning for this, but all he is asking to do is recover an Administrator password. The situation has happened to everyone once, whether they are on Windows, Linux, or some other OS. It seems pretty ludicrous to turn people away on such a common question, and have them resort to reformatting.

I wish a moderator would clarify this to me, because i'm at a loss.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I don't think you can recover the password without circumventing security (ie hacking).

It's good lesson to learn, DON'T FORGET THE ADMIN PASSWORD!!

I suggest a reformat.

·
Premium Member
78,002 Posts
when someone posts this you do not know if it is their computer or someone else's computer,that they have no right to change the password on.
[in this case it is someone else's computer]
so it was decided rather than having a hacking tool posted on the forum,a person replying if they considered the post to be genuine,then they could pm the information to the poster.
if you read my post again you will see i said" the information could not be posted on the forum"
i did not say that we could not help

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
He says it is his friend's system. So you are saying he doesn't have a right to clear the Admin password, but he does have the right to format his *friend's* hard drive? Hmm. You would think if he is allowed to format the drive, then his friend wouldn't mind him retrieving a password using alternative methods (which I would hardly consider "hacking").

Listen, if the guy still is having trouble then he is more than welcome to private message me for the answer; an answer that is asked and answered on other sites that are just as professional (if not more so) than this one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.