Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I don have the iPod Video but I have the new iTunes. When I try to add video from my hard drive nothing happens. Im wondering if Apple only made it possible to add video by having to buy it from iTunes? Does anyone know.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
@ bjk100
From what I read about iTunes, it is just a audio music player/organizer and does nothing with video or pictures.
You can import your own music into it from your HDD.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
??

I'm not sure that we're talking about the same thing. The iPod Video is a device where, yes you can store music, but also store and play video clips, may it be TV shows or even movies.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
@ bjk100
Ooops...my bad :embarased
According to this tutorial, it says you can import video, but you have to have the software to convert videos to Quicktime format before importing them into itunes for downloading to your ipod.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Right, but what's the software. I've been searching the internet! Please someone tell me a program to convert videos to Quicktime format!!!

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
7,285 Posts
Quicktime 7 pro will convert movies to Quicktime. Could not find another program that could do this. Most wanted to convert away from Quicktime to something else.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks

Thanks a lot that's the answer I'm getting from other sources as well. You have to buy it, correct?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I bought Quicktime Pro and when I go "Edit -- Preferences -- Register" Register doesn't come up. It just never loads. It works on my other PC, but I need Quicktime on this PC. Very weird... Can anyone think of the reason that this would happen?

·
Registered
283 Posts
please said:
@ bjk100
From what I read about iTunes, it is just a audio music player/organizer and does nothing with video or pictures.
You can import your own music into it from your HDD.
there is the new ipod nano and you are ment to be able to put pics onto it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
2 things: xzane theres a NEWER ipod than the ipod nano, check the WHOLE thread. Its the ipod video...

next thing: I got the register thing to work.
thanx to all who contributed in this thread

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
mpeg-4

are mpeg-4 videos suppossed to have sound because it doesnt when i play it on the comp or the ipod

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.