Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.

I did a bit of searching around on this forum for an answer, but didn't find one that matches my need. So, here we go:

I have a Raid 0 array existing on my computer. I want to add more space, so i got a new HDD to add. I'd like to just add this as a second drive. I've got it plugged in correctly, but the new drive is not recognized, at all. I can't see it in BIOS, not in Drive management, or anywhere. The new drive is a Hitachi Deskstar, 320GB. All drives are SATA.

What am I missing?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK, so I solved 1/2 of my problem. I found where I turn the drive ON in BIOS. Somehow, I missed that before. So, now I have to work on how to get Explorer to see it. I've got it in Disk manager, now.

I'm fairly certain I found a thread or two with this issue.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Here's what I ended up doing, tell me if this is wrong.

I kept the drive as a basic drive (after reading this) added a partition to the drive, gave it a letter. Now, I've got it in Explorer.

The drive listing text is blue in My Computer list. Why is that?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ahh. The listing is blue, because I had selected to compress the drive. I right-clicked, selected properties, and un-checked "Compress drive to save space."

Thanks for the help...

·
Registered
25,111 Posts
Hi Bustanovich, too bad one of us did not see this thead earlier, but you being the explorer you are got it fixed anyhow. Hey, stick around and enjoy the forum and maybe next time we won't miss the call for help, or maybe even you will answer someone's call for help. Have a great evening and hope to see you around the forum.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.