Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've only used one e-mail account through outlook express for years. my kids are old enough now and they want their own e-mail acounts. i'm a little confused as to what to do and don't want to screw mine up adding theirs.

i see you can go to to tools, accounts,add,mail, and all that route but i'm not sure if thats right. there's also another way which says additional e-mail but they call it a new identity. i'm confused and don't want my kids getting messed up with my e-mail, or haveing mine not working because i tried to add theirs. help

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
I have not fully sorted this route, however, if you set up seperate users for the kids on the XP machine, I think you can effectively set up Outlook Express on each account as a seperate mail interface to allow each child to have a specific profile and only access their mail account? Keeping everyone's mail seperate.

As I say, I just started this last night, as I only have 1 machine with XP on hand, but it appears to work this way.

The other way to do this with out seperate users configured is to have multiple Outlook Express profiles and enable the "Prompt Profile" went Outlook is opened. This should then list each profile that can be selected. (Not 100% sure you can do this with Outlook Express, but MS Outlook does support multiple mail profiles).

Depending on the children's ages and abilities, it might be safer to have each assigned a individual XP user account. One trick is you can then actually select a picturer of the child for the account Icon rather than the default windows pictures. Makes it a bit more interesting for the children to log on!

JamesO

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.