Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A very long time ago, I had a user account for me and one for one of my friends. After a while, he didn't need to use my computer anymore, so I deleted his account, through the control panel's users option. He had downloaded something called Beam!2D and it shows on my Add/Remove programs. I try to do the add/remove and it will not remove it. I can see the path of where the program is supposedly installed, but the thing is that it's under the c:/Documents and settings for my friend and that account doesn't exist, so there is no folder.

It's taking 19,992mb and 19,923mb, because there are two instances of the program. How can I uninstall something that technically doesn't really exist? I don't want to restore my computer if I can avoid it.

·
TSF Team Emeritus, Microsoft Support
15,478 Posts
No need to reformat you will however need to edit the registry.
Are you feeling comfortable to edit the registry?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have never done it, but I'm pretty sure I could do it. I'm backing up my hard drive as I type this, just in case I have to reformat, so if I mess it up, I'll have the stuff I need.

How do I do it?

·
TSF Team Emeritus, Microsoft Support
15,478 Posts
Click Start / Run and type in regedit and click OK
Navigate to this key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

choose the program from the list on the left hand side and delete the entire folder

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.