Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Add on programs

875 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  sobeit 
#1 ·
I am purchasing a new computer soon to replace my old windows 98 equipped unit.

My question is which add on software do I want to download to run the video portion of free internet sites and music sites?
Which software pieces do I want to avoid?

I will have the usual microsoft office suite incorporated into the new tower.

A final question is how do I save the software I already have downloaded on my old machine onto a disk to input into the new machine?
I have power dvd and such.

Thanks.

Discussion starter · #2 ·
My question is which add on software do I want to download to run the video portion of free internet sites and music sites?
I cannot find the edit so this will do. What I mean is what add ons like windows media player and the like do I want to add into the machine to listen to and view content on the internet?

Discussion starter · #4 ·
The programs that you have installed on your old system will have to be reinstalled on your new system.
That is the reason for this post. I guess it is too general of a question. But I installed many a program since this computer was purchased in 2000. I am sure I do not need all of them. I was just hoping members could help narrow down what I did need and should avoid.
I have many plug ins or add ons whatever they are called that I do not need and just take up space.
I am asking asking what specifically I should avoid or get to view internet video and listen to music.
For example windows media player or quick time etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.