Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to watch RTE on my laptop (irish tv channel ) .Getting a message saying I need to disable ad blocker..Went into tools ,internet options/privacy /turn off pop up blocker but still no joy..any ideas?...thanks
Did have GT soft ad blocker but uninstalled it and cant think what else I could do?..
win 7 ..internet explorer

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
28,975 Posts
Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Internet Explorer (No Add-ons). If it works, disable the culprit.

·
28,975 Posts
Can you watch RTE in that mode?

·
TSF Moderator , Hardware Team
2,680 Posts
Can you take a screen shot of the error message? Next, I would start running malware/spyware software and your AV as this might be a possible infection.

·
Registered
184 Posts
have you installed adblock? the settings are not in tools, they are on the icon. (^__^)

------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------

:smile:

Infinity contains more than you think.
Everything, for a start. (T.P.)

Katja :flowers:

·
28,975 Posts
Your AV program can also have an Adblocker. Try Chrome. If the same thing happens, go into incognito mode.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Don't use chrome as it takes up to much space ..I will just forget about it ...strange thing is I can watch other tv channels with no problem..

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Think the block might have something to do with RTE not allowing non subscribed customers watching .Was reading lotsa posts on free tv forums regarding this...thanks for the posts anyhow guys..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.