Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
trying to a sample excel spreadsheets (dl them) so i can learn how to use that program but firefox tells me i dont have activex? just switched from ie few weeks ago its the first issue ive had - no problems with any other site? any ideas?
:)

·
Registered
327 Posts
There is no support for ActiveX in Firefox 2.0. Whether a plugin will be written I can't say. I believe you will need to use IE to do what you want.

I think it true to say that most Firefox users don't want ActiveX to be part of the browser. Many feel uncomfortable with its reputation regarding security. However, here is what Mozilla say about it (see the 'Security' heading). There are a few extensions that can open IE from within Firefox. Perhaps install one of these:

IE View Lite - IE View - IE Tab.

·
Roaming To Help
5,667 Posts
Its very unlikely that Mozilla is ever going to support ActiveX by default. This plug-in is designed for custom, legacy and intranet solutions and nothing else.

Here were the test build ActiveX plugins and as far as I know they worked well in Firefox but were only supported till v1.7

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
If you are forced to use IE, let me suggest that download and install AVANT browser. It uses IE engine, supports all the sites which require IE exclusively, provides ActiveX support, but offers much Higher Security than IE, along with hosts of other features including tabbed browsing. Its download size is also very small too, around 1.8MB.

Download link: http://www.avantbrowser.com/download.html

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.