Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My activeX controls on my ie 7 was working until around a week ago.
Sites which I had previously encountered no problems with adobe flash player now show that I do not have adobe flash player installed.

And on to going into sites which require activeX controls, the gold bar is not appearing at the top of the window of ie. One of the sites was the Adobe flash palyer download page which the sites linked me to http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/. After clicking on "Agree and Install now" the page indicated that the gold bar was to appear a the top of the window but nothing comes out.

Right now some common videos sites like youtube do not load videos on my ie. The screenshot of the video are all there but when i click on the video to watch it the box where the video is supposed to show is missing, only able to view the words of the page.
Even my hotmail account is not accessible on my ie. The page will open when i click my inbox from my windows live mesenger but the page will remain blank though the bottom left of the screen indicated "Done"

All the sites i have problems with either require flash but mainly activeX is the problem as none of the sites have activeX's gold bar to show for any needed players to be installed.
Been experimenting with the custom levels in my internet options>security for quite a few days with no avail.
All the points under "ActiveX controls and Plug-ins" have been either enabled or set to prompt. i even upgraded my ie 7 to ie 8 but the problems remain.

Any suggestions?
Help will be very much appreciated :grin:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yup did try reinstalling flash player. About uninstalling ie, how exactly do i do that:tongue:.
Cuz I tried uninstalling my ie 7 from inside the "Add/Remove Windows Components" tab in "Add/Remove programs" and now its 0.0MB when i look at it from there. Anyway after uninstalling my ie it was still working but i downloaded the ie 8 upgrade anyway and the problems still persist.

On a side note, the flash player problems don't seem to exist while i'm using my mozilla firefox or Apple Safari so i'm really at a loss :4-dontkno

·
Helper
4,126 Posts
Check that Flash Player isn't showing in Add/Remove programs.

Download and run Windows Installer Cleanup Utility and make sure that Flash Player isn't showing in the Installer list.

Then try another download.

note: IE7 should display in Add/Remove Programs also when installed. IE8 would too I presume. That's the place to remove them.

edit: make sure Internet Security is set to allow signed activex downloads

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have already tried uninstalling my adobe flash and re-installed before and quite a few times to be exact.

Problem is adobe flash is still working in my other web browsers like firefox and apple safari, only ie's isn't functioning. :4-dontkno

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.