Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

not sure if people have had this problem before:
Recently our household upgraded our internet DSL connection speed from a basic (700kbps) to one that is to have up to 3.0Mbps downstream. ATT sent out a tech here who was able to confirm the 3.0Mbps connection yet when I run various tests online for speed, I see only a .6Mbps or about 600kbps speeds.

The Actiontec control panel indeed shows a downstream speed of 3,008 kbps but i've yet to figure out how/why I'm not seeing the correct/faster speed when I run different browsers.

Any insight will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Global Moderator
Electronic Design
52,332 Posts
Register at DSLReports and run their Line Quality Tests. It's best to run this test with a direct wired connection to eliminate any wireless issues from the results. It's useful many times to run this test several times, and we'd like to see each of the results. Post the results link from the top of the test display page for each test run here.

The link to post is near the top of the page and looks like:

If you wish to post this result to a forum, please copy/paste this URL
http://www.dslreports.com/linequality/nil/2357195 <- sample only, yours will obviously be different!
and your IP will be disguised.

Copy/paste that link here.

Note: You will have to enable PING (ICMP) request response either in your router (if you have one), or in your computer's firewall for direct modem connections. This is very important to get the most important part of the test to run.

DSLReports

Here's also the Line Quality Tests FAQ to help you understand the results. This will answer some questions about the line quality display.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Where have you run the speed tests? Have you presented the results to ATT?
I've gone to speedtest.net and speakeasy.net

Both sites yield download speeds in the 600 kbps range and uploads in the 500 kbps range. When I had ATT come out and check, they were able to show me that both in the box outside the house and in the gray data cable leading up to the router, the speed was 3.0 Mbps (at 64% capacity). As I mentioned earlier, Actiontec's configuration panel/module that I access when going to "192.168.0.1" does show register a download of 3,008 kbps and upload of 512kps.

I took a screen shot of that 'status' report: http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/4488/actiontecconfig.jpg

My thinking is that the problem lies in the router and its configuration.

Thank you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.