Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gentlemen,

just sitting here getting an education reading about everyone else's problems.
some of which are also my problems. just read a post by OldGreyGrey. this quote from his post, ("pagefile"="virtual memory") brings to mind a need for a list of such equations and acronyms, at least for persons like my self and possibly other less informed individuals. is there such a list on TSF? or elsewhere? if not, maybe someone could start a compilation list that could be added to by other well enlightened individuals. i know it would be a great help to me.

i have gained a wealth of knowledge just from reading the forum posts and
it's easy to tell there are lots of tech people here and willing to help.
i appreciate everyone that has posted good advice. guess that's enough rambling from me.

thanks again,

sidecar

· Registered
2,987 Posts
sounds like a good idea, i think most of us know what all the acronyms and specific terminology stands for but grabbing those words and putting them down would mean alot of words :p if someone could put together a list of words they need defined id be glad to help explaining and defining the words.

· Registered
18,185 Posts
Yes yes, this is something I had thought of as well. The dizzying array or acronyms and jargon can be enough to confuse anyone! You can help by contributing ANYTHING you'd like to see in there. We're gonna juice our minds but even then we'll probably miss a few here and there. Please continue to use this thread for that if you'd like or directly PM (Private Message) myself or Zazula.

· Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hey, sounds like i'm not the only one that sees a need for a list such as this, i just don't have any idea how to set it up or what to put on it. was actually hoping there was already a list or maybe a webpage with everything already on it. i'm sure to start from scratch would be an enormous undertaking for anyone. is there a way to set up a page that maybe anyone, with the proper info, could add to it or edit it? like i said earlier, i have no idea how myself, and i have no idea as to the amount of work that would go into such an undertaking as this. maybe someone might have the time to get something like this started. i'm sure there a lot of amature repair persons like myself that could use it most every day.

thanks for the quick responses,

sidecar

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.