Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off heres my system : Duron 807 MHz , 192 mb of ram
20 gb hardrive, generic sound card firewire card etc. anyways i bought a Geforce 4 MX440 and wanted to install it on my comp Running WINXP so i uninstalled my ATI card from the device manager and turned my computer off and put the ASUS GEFORCE card in. then when i start up it gives me three beeps and no Monitor. just black screen. nothing. is it cuz it's still refering to my ATI drivers some how? i also only have one AGP slot so i can't put it on a second one and install it then switch it to primary.

anyways is there anyway to fix it?

thanks

S

·
0 Posts
Welcome to the forum first shadow

Have you checked to make sure the video card is all the way in the slot. Sometimes when you tighten the screw it can lift up the opposite side...:D

If this doesn't work try installing the old card again and see if it will boot..:)

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
First Shadow:
I think Speedo is right on this one.. you want to check the connection, and check the monitor cable. If that doesn't work pop the other card back in, and check the BIOS. Depending on what kind you have it should give you some indication of what's up. Also my Voodoo 5 requires it's own power cord... if yours has one make sure it is getting the primary lead off of the power supply... mine did the exact same thing. ( ofc mine was unplugged :p ) if all else fails keep the old card in reinstall the drivers and contact the manufacturer.. if yu whine and complain enough they might just send you something for your troubles. *pets his lovely new intellimouse* Good luck

Valiant2003

If you can't beat them join them and then them down from the inside.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.