Tech Support banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I undervolted my laptop to -0.1504 mv for CPU core, Intel CPU, and CPU cache.
I have a GTX 1050 GPU and I5-8300H CPU.

Since my laptop is "stable" and hasn't crashed, I'm assuming this is a good number but I'm not sure if TS bench is showing any errors.
When I run TS bench on battery mode I get a number between 25-35 no asterisks.

When I run it plugged in, 2 asterisk are shown on each side of the numbers.

What do the asterisks mean?
Screenshot

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
29,206 Posts
Unless laptop is overheating, I don't believe in undervolting for the slight battery savings that's gained. If you've gone too far with it, instability will result so getting readings from apps like Throtlestop aren't really necessary.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unless laptop is overheating, I don't believe in undervolting for the slight battery savings that's gained. If you've gone too far with it, instability will result so getting readings from apps like Throtlestop aren't really necessary.
Yep, it's for temperature.
What I'm asking for is what my bench test results mean, do you know what asterisks indicate?

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
29,206 Posts
I'm not familiar with that particular test, but rather than asterisks, they might just be stars to highlight the 120M result. I'm color blind although the result being in what looks like red to me, might be a warning. Most use a voltmeter. Overclocking is catch as catch can and gamers are taking risks.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not familiar with that particular test, but rather than asterisks, they might just be stars to highlight the 120M result. I'm color blind although the result being in what looks like red to me, might be a warning. Most use a voltmeter. Overclocking is catch as catch can and gamers are taking risks.
Not for me I just want my temperatures to stay down lol.
The text is red along with the asterisks, I have not seen a single video that has this version of throttlestop so I have no idea if this is an error either.

·
TSF Moderator , Hardware Team , Networking Team
8,338 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts