Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an acer AL1916w monitor. It was working fine earlier today. I went to use the computer and the monitor was not on. The power light goes from green to amber then off. I have tried unplugging it, and nothing happens. I know the video card in the PC is fine because an older monitor works. I have also tried to connect the monitor to my laptop. It gets recognized, but still won't power on and has the same flashing lights. Could someone please help with this? I'd hate to have to junk it.

·
ID10T Circuit replacement
1,038 Posts
Check the pins inside the connectors on the monitor cable. Check both ends if it is removable. Make sure none are bent out of place.

After that ????

·
ID10T Circuit replacement
1,038 Posts
If it were unplugged and moved, some pins can get bent by accidently trying to push it in upside down, or forcing the plug in at an angle instead of straight in.

Make sure you have the correct power supply also.. If you moved it, maybe a similiar one took its place?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The monitor was never moved or unhooked. It just stopped working.
As I said in the last post (not trying to be a dick) it has never been moved or unhooked. My father was playing a game on it. Took a break. Came back it it was doing this. I have checked all the pins on the video cable and they are all in and standing stright. The power cord is the same cord that has always been on it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.