Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll start off by saying that I'm not even sure if this is the right sub-forum to be posting this question as it involves things from a few other sub-forums here too.

I have an ancient computer (and no intention of upgrading anytime soon as it runs everything I use it for) and I'm at a bit of a dillema with it. I used to be able to play R.O.S.E. Online Evolution when I had nothing but the integrated Intel 865G graphics perfectly fine. Now I can no longer play it because it apparently has issues with a few specific video card chipsets (GeForce 5700FX, GeForce 6200 (that's mine) and Radeon 9200). Now here's what I'm trying to do: I want to make a seperate partition on my hard drive soley for the purpose of installing the Intel drivers so I can still play ROSE ,however, I have no way of installing Windows XP again other than via my Acer recovery disks that came with my tower and I can't figure out how to create another partition using those disks. Acer tech support is being useless by saying they don't support dual booting with non-factory shipped OS (I don't want to use a different OS I want to use the exact same one) thus are unable to help me. Another problem I'm facing is the fact that I have no access to a Windows 98 boot disk for Fdisking a new partition nor a partition manager (bittorent is a no go because half the damn torrents are infested with trojans and other things not to mention I prefer to be legit in all aspects). So, how do I do it?

·
TSF - Enthusiast
12,841 Posts
So what I'm guessing you want to do is to be able to change between your Geforce 6200 and your Intel graphics.

Well that is not something I would recommend doing. You should use one or the other at any given time. If you want the Intel graphics Driver, here it is. Before you can use the Intel graphics you need to use driver sweeper to get rid of nay remnants of the Nvidia graphics driver. You should be deciding to use one or the other as conflicting display drivers can cause BSOD's too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.