Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys and girls,

firstly, if there is already help for my problem and ive missed it, i apologise. But i will list as much detail as i can remember.

- I have an Acer Aspire 3100 series, and a while ago, ordered a replacement charger, as due to wear and tear, the end of the cable and become torn and the wires were frayed.

- After using the replacement for a little while, (it seemed to be a cheaper version bought from ebay) i had to start fiddling around with it when plugged into my laptop to get it to charge, in some positions it would charge, in others it would not. This makes me think theres a problem with the dc jack on the motherboard.

- Was using the laptop whilst plugged in, and didnt realised the charging pack was being covered by a duvet, this got extremely hot and anded up blowing up internally, with the charger being a little deformed(woops)

- I ordered a replacement from ebay, and after receiving plugged it in. After approx 2 mins of charging, it stopped, and would not charge again. The end of the charge is sturdier and of the "L" variety, so i assumed it maybe the charging jack on the motherboard.

- I opened the laptop, and got to the charging jack, but cannot find anything untoward, its not loose, no points arent making contact, and no solder is missing.

- I ordered a new charger, and had been workin for a good few hours, but all of a sudden, when i plug the charger in, and turn the laptop on, it shorts the electricity in the house and the fuse switches off at the mains

- however if i plug the charger in and connect it to the laptop, and DONT turn the laptop on, it charges the laptop.

Sorry for the LONG post, but could anyone give me any ideas if its just the same ebay seller giving me faulty charging packs? or could it be that my laptop is shorting the pack? or something i may not have correctly assembled when puttin my laptop back together? Any help most welcome.

Thanks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.