Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I was just wondering where the Motherboard part number was located on Acer laptops. If anyone could help me here, that would be great :)

Thanks in advance everyone,

Jonathan.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can't run SIW. The LAN port was hit by a power surge and it burned a couple of chips off on the motherboard.
I'm after the info because I need to replace the board for a client.

I already have the laptop taken apart, however, unlike HP, Compaq, or Dell products. The part number is not as obvious. Nor is it under the memory.
I couldn't find any info on google about Acer part numbers on laptop components either.
Was hoping someone who has taken them apart before could point me in the right direction. :)

Thanks though, I do love SIW, it's one of my favorite tools to use.. .when it's actually working :(

Also, going by just the model number can be risky when ordering parts if there were different revisions of this board for the same model. Or different versions such as AMD vs Intel, ATI vs Nvidia, etc.

Thanks in advance everyone,

Jonathan

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The top link will help for future repairs for decoding part numbers for Acer desktop Motherboards, but does not apply to laptops. However, if they are black Alpha-numeric characters printed on a white label for both laptops and desktops, I'll look for one of those on this laptop motherboard again.
Of course Acer will not help for free if the warranty is out either. :(
Already tried that.

Thanks for the help though, if any other ideas pop into your head, please let me know :)

Thanks again,

Jonathan.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.