Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Newbie to the forum wondering if anyone can help. My son has passed on to me an Acer Aspire 5051 Laptop. The problem is when I switch it on it sounds as if its trying to boot with the usual associated whirs clicks and beeps but no screen. I say no screen but actually the screen has a black background with a random scrolling band of grey/white fine lines sometimes horizontal sometimes vertical sometimes a combination of the 2. The colour of the lines appears to change during booting to show blues and greens as though the picture is there but fragmented. Not sure what remedial action has been attempted, but wondered if anyone could offer any clue. Difficult to assess when you can't see what's happening ! Help !!

Best regards

rogb999 :sigh:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi TriggerFinger,

Thanks for reply. Sorry for delay in getting back to you, got bogged down with other stuff. Tried hooking up to an external monitor and get a boot screen OK. Looks right you're correct it is the screen. Does this mean a complete replacement or could there be other components which might have failed ? :4-dontkno:4-

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.