1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(brief specs)
Acer Aspire 1362WLMi
CPU: AMD Sempron 1600mhz (2800+)
Motherboard: VIA K8M800 (according to a program i have EVEREST)

RAM: 512MB
HDD: 40 Gig partitioned into C:(windows install) D:(files and personal stuff)

with a 2 gig hidden partition at the beginning of the drive (2gig approx)

D2d

Laptop has in the 2gig hidden partition stuff to restore my C: partition to just being Windows + the Acer software it came with.

First you have to enable this feature in the BIOS then press Alt-F10 during POST to run the recovery program.

However my laptop seems to have stopped wanting to do this... i can boot Windows fine and everything thats not the problem (got a windows/network problem to post as well).
When i press Alt-F10 while my laptop boots it doesnt actually do anything / or all it does is makes the laptop make horrible beeping error noises.. or well every time i press "Alt-F10" after a certain point it beeps. (single beep)

just curious if anyone has any ideas about what might be wrong. i was previously using GRUB to run windows xp/ Ubuntu but restored the MBR to get rid of GRUB when i stopped using linux.

Only thing i can think of is that when things where partitioning to fit linux in they made the hidden partition not bootable.. but im unsure how to change it back to being bootable. I dont have a floppy drive for the laptop but i can burn as many CDs / DVDs as i need.

Had a search through any posts that mentioned "Acer" but couldnt find anything helpful so any help you can give would be great.

also first post ^^;;

·
Registered
4 Posts
Howdy....You are right...and the only thing to do is use Alt+F10 during POST....But now comes the tricky part when it comes to all ACERs : The Alt+F10 will work only if you hit the right moment during POST, which gives you a fraction of a second. However, this is a matter of feeling and not that difficult...After few failure attempts you will be able to hit the right moment and eRecovery will open....Good luck and do not give up !

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.