Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i setup my the account lock out policies in the /admin tools/local security policies/account policies

I believe i changed it so it will lock out for 120min after 2-3 failed attempts.

Now i'm locked out after one VALID attempt cause my password has not changed, but it won't accept it anymore!
Of course in my mopping up of security holes that I know how to do. I disable my administrator account as well. So i have no accounts I'm able to log into.

Do these account policies work for anyone?! I just reinstalled windows a week ago. And i finally got everything setup to my liking. Please don't tell me I need to reinstall windows.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I did try safe-mode. Samething happens, i enter my correct password and after only my first try it locks me out for 2h. I know you can normally use the Admin account from there but i disabled it and left my account the only enabled one. I should have just put a password on the admin account instead of disabling it. But if hidesight is 20/20 i should of just left well enough alone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.